Experience Downtown Pembroke Today!
It has been said that the City of Pembroke is the heart of the Ottawa Valley. If that’s the case, then Downtown Pembroke is the heart of the City!
Here’s what’s happening in the Downtown:
- October 18 – October 30: Second Annual Downtown Poutine Crawl grab your passport and try all the new and traditional poutine and poutine inspired dishes from many of our amazing downtown eateries. The more places your try the more chances you have to win some cool downtown prizes.
- October 29, 7PM: Pembroke Symphony Orchestra will be presenting a Halloween and Beethoven concert at Festival hall. Tickets only $25 for adults, $15 for students and kids under 12 are FREE.
- October 30: Pumpkin Treats Fun Run, at the Pembroke waterfront come in costume grab the family and participate in the 2KM family walk / run or do the timed 5KM. Help us raise some money for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Renfrew County for a chance to win some cool prizes.
- October 30: Downtown Pumpkin Treats, 11am – 2pm, Trick or Treat your way through the downtown and then stop by the Farmers Market for Pumpkin Painting, Fun House Maze, BBQ, and Vendors Market.
- Ongoing: Veteran banner program. From early October until November 11, you will see banners honouring local veterans on our light poles. If you can’t make it see them the banners are featured on our online gallery all year round
- January 1 – December 31: Free 2 hour downtown parking. Please enjoy 2 hours of free parking at all downtown meters.
What Our Merchants Offer
Downtown is the destination for breakfast, lunch and dinner with more than 20 eateries to choose from. Downtown offers Thai, German, Chinese, Canadian, Japanese, Lebanese, Indian, British and French choices in a casual or fine dining atmosphere. We are also your easiest way to connect with professional services including realtors, bankers, financial planners, accountants, lawyers, insurance brokers and more. Our professional service merchants handle the majority of business in the area.
Many Downtowns are known for their shopping and retail services and Pembroke also has much to offer. Footwear, apparel (for men, women and children), gift ideas, furniture and more await our fabulous shops. Watch for our “Shop Hops” throughout the year as well where businesses are open late and offering great incentives.
Finally, the Downtown core is proud of our charitable and non-profit partners. We host the regional Chamber of Commerce along with social services organizations that care for our local residents and churches. We have always been a community that cares for each other, and we’re so proud to continue in that tradition.
There is so much going on in the Downtown that our events page is always being updated! Whether you want to take in the tunes of our awesome local musicians, catch an outdoor movie, launch your boat or take in a comedy show at our performing arts centre, you l can do it all in Downtown Pembroke. You can have an experience in Downtown Pembroke every single day!