Experience Downtown Pembroke Today!
It has been said that the City of Pembroke is the heart of the Ottawa Valley. If that’s the case, then Downtown Pembroke is the heart of the City!
Here are 8 things going on in the Downtown:
- October 11th: Grand Opening of Crazy Beautiful Dresses. 6:00pm-8:00pm.
- October 16th: If you have a business with internet transactions (ie: selling, taking payments, collecting subscribers for a newsletter) join our Small Business Week Lunch ‘n Learn at Noon at Anthony’s Italian Grill.
- October 19th: If you’re thinking about getting into business, or you are new in business, come to our Small Business Week session at Ullrich’s. 6:00pm-7:30pm. Entrepreneur panel, funding options and more.
- October 20th: For women in business, come to our Small Business Week business breakfast. At the Nook Creperie at 8:00am. Guest speaker is Canadian Military Family Magazine publisher, Cyndi Mills.
- October 27th: The Zombie Thrill Run come to Downtown Pembroke with local merchants offering treats for trick-or-treaters. The Giant Tiger train will also be running. Free pumpkin painting for kids at the Giant Tiger community room from 10:00am to 1:00pm.
- A Hallmark Christmas movie will be filming in Pembroke at Grey Gables. Pembroke Street west will be closed from Victoria Street to Church Street from October 19th at 7:00am to October 21 at 7:00am. Businesses remain open.
- Take a free, self-guided tour of Pembroke Heritage Murals, 29 of which are in the Downtown! All you need is the map and the audio file and you can explore Pembroke’s outdoor art gallery.
- The Pembroke Farmers’ Market is now closed until Spring 2019.
What Our Merchants Offer
Downtown is the destination for breakfast, lunch and dinner with more than 20 eateries to choose from. Downtown offers Thai, German, Chinese, Canadian, Japanese, Lebanese, Indian, British and French choices in a casual or fine dining atmosphere. We are also your easiest way to connect with professional services including realtors, bankers, financial planners, accountants, lawyers, insurance brokers and more. Our professional service merchants handle the majority of business in the area.
Many Downtowns are known for their shopping and retail services and Pembroke also has much to offer. Footwear, apparel (for men, women and children), gift ideas, furniture and more await our fabulous shops. Watch for our “Shop Hops” throughout the year as well where businesses are open late and offering great incentives.
Finally, the Downtown core is proud of our charitable and non-profit partners. We host the regional Chamber of Commerce along with social services organizations that care for our local residents and churches. We have always been a community that cares for each other, and we’re so proud to continue in that tradition.
Join Us For A Festival!
There is so much going on in the Downtown that our events page is always being updated! Whether you want to take in the tunes of our awesome local musicians, catch an outdoor movie, launch your boat or take in a comedy show at our performing arts centre, you literally can do it all in Downtown Pembroke. You can have an experience in Downtown Pembroke every single day!