Experience Downtown Pembroke Today!
It has been said that the City of Pembroke is the heart of the Ottawa Valley. If that’s the case, then Downtown Pembroke is the heart of the City!
Here are 8 things going on in the Downtown:
- Brose Leather Goods is having a retirement sale. Owner Stephan Goltz is retiring. Stop in and see them for great deals: 156 Pembroke Street West. Phone: 613-732-2143.
- Crazy Beautiful Dresses is now open in the Downtown! Visit their beautiful bridal store and meet owner, Kim Chenard.
- September 28th: We have posted two Requests for Proposal for Summer Flowers and a Maintenance Contract for 2019. Bids closing September 28th.
- September 29th: The Kim Armstrong Turkey Trot takes place in the Downtown again this year. Sign up today!
- October 1st: Lasso Live is hosting a 50/50 Trivia Night to kick-off the Purple Ribbon campaign. Register with the City of Pembroke to play. The winning team takes home 50% of the pot!
- October 3rd: Tai Chi Fall Classes Open House at Leap Health Hub. 6:30pm-8:00pm. 23 Pembroke Street West. Free class trial!
- Take a free, self-guided tour of Pembroke Heritage Murals, 29 of which are in the Downtown! All you need is the map and the audio file and you can explore Pembroke’s outdoor art gallery.
- The Pembroke Farmers’ Market is open. Wednesdays and Fridays, 8:30am-1:00pm.
What Our Merchants Offer
Downtown is the destination for breakfast, lunch and dinner with more than 20 eateries to choose from. Downtown offers Thai, German, Chinese, Canadian, Japanese, Lebanese, Indian, British and French choices in a casual or fine dining atmosphere. We are also your easiest way to connect with professional services including realtors, bankers, financial planners, accountants, lawyers, insurance brokers and more. Our professional service merchants handle the majority of business in the area.
Many Downtowns are known for their shopping and retail services and Pembroke also has much to offer. Footwear, apparel (for men, women and children), gift ideas, furniture and more await our fabulous shops. Watch for our “Shop Hops” throughout the year as well where businesses are open late and offering great incentives.
Finally, the Downtown core is proud of our charitable and non-profit partners. We host the regional Chamber of Commerce along with social services organizations that care for our local residents and churches. We have always been a community that cares for each other, and we’re so proud to continue in that tradition.
Join Us For A Festival!
There is so much going on in the Downtown that our events page is always being updated! Whether you want to take in the tunes of our awesome local musicians, catch an outdoor movie, launch your boat or take in a comedy show at our performing arts centre, you literally can do it all in Downtown Pembroke. You can have an experience in Downtown Pembroke every single day!