Experience Downtown Pembroke Today!
It has been said that the City of Pembroke is the heart of the Ottawa Valley. If that’s the case, then Downtown Pembroke is the heart of the City!
Here are 10 things going on in the Downtown:
- The Pembroke Marina is now open for the season! Staff are on duty from 8:00am-10:00pm. Water levels and flows along the Ottawa River remain high and boaters are urged to exercise caution and wise judgment.
- The Kids Pop-Up Market is happening every Friday in August from 11:30am-1:30pm. Held in Shamrock Park in the heart of Downtown.
- In the mood for a run? The Kim Armstrong Turkey Trot takes place September 29th but sign up by August 20th for a chance to win an Apple Watch!
- August 25th: Brent Kissel performs at the Pembroke Memorial Centre in a fundraiser for Holy Name School. Tickets are $100 (VIP) or $60 (general admission.) Contact the PMC at 613-735-6821 ext. 1501.
- August 31-September 3: Annual Fiddle Week in Downtown Pembroke. Competitions at the PMC and plenty of fiddle music at Riverside Park. Free parking Downtown this week.
- September 6th: It’s Downtown Shop Hop – Military Appreciation Edition! Shop late at some of our local stores Downtown.
- September 8th: It’s Downtown Pembroke’s Patio Party! Relax and enjoy the Downtown at participating restaurants.
- There is a free, self-guided tour of Pembroke Heritage Murals, 29 of which are in the Downtown! All you need is the map and the audio file and you can explore Pembroke’s outdoor art gallery.
- Tuesdays: Joes Family Pizzeria is offering half-price slices and poutines on Tuesday movie nights from 6:00pm to 10:00pm. Just ask for the “movie night in the park” special.
- The Pembroke Farmers’ Market is open. Wednesdays and Fridays, 8:30am-1:00pm.
What Our Merchants Offer
Downtown is the destination for breakfast, lunch and dinner with more than 20 eateries to choose from. Downtown offers Thai, German, Chinese, Canadian, Japanese, Lebanese, Indian, British and French choices in a casual or fine dining atmosphere. We are also your easiest way to connect with professional services including realtors, bankers, financial planners, accountants, lawyers, insurance brokers and more. Our professional service merchants handle the majority of business in the area.
Many Downtowns are known for their shopping and retail services and Pembroke also has much to offer. Footwear, apparel (for men, women and children), gift ideas, furniture and more await our fabulous shops. Watch for our “Shop Hops” throughout the year as well where businesses are open late and offering great incentives.
Finally, the Downtown core is proud of our charitable and non-profit partners. We host the regional Chamber of Commerce along with social services organizations that care for our local residents and churches. We have always been a community that cares for each other, and we’re so proud to continue in that tradition.
Join Us For A Festival!
There is so much going on in the Downtown that our events page is always being updated! Whether you want to take in the tunes of our awesome local musicians, catch an outdoor movie, launch your boat or take in a comedy show at our performing arts centre, you literally can do it all in Downtown Pembroke. You can have an experience in Downtown Pembroke every single day!