Opening your business in Downtown Pembroke means you’re joining a region that is moving forward with enthusiasm. New properties, renovations to current properties and new uses are all taking place, spurred on by the vision of entrepreneurs; both new to the area and those who have made Downtown their home for years.
Bring Your Business Downtown!
- 179 – businesses and organizations located in the Downtown core
- 1,200 – employees in the Downtown core
- 14 – new businesses launched in the Downtown in 2017
- 46 – businesses and organizations that have been in the Downtown for 25+ years
- 500 – free parking spaces available in the Downtown area
- 1,000 – enrolment at Algonquin College in 2017 (their largest in college history), located in the Downtown
City of Pembroke Facts
The City of Pembroke is an upper-tier municipality with a strong connection to the development and promotion of the Downtown.
- 74,000 – consumer population served by the City of Pembroke
- 14,000 – population of the City of Pembroke
- 10 – grants the City of Pembroke has available for development; all of which are applicable to the Downtown region: List of grants available
Downtown Pembroke Real Estate
The BIA office has a list of currently available properties in the Downtown core. Please contact Bethea Summers, BIA Manager, for this information. In addition, the Pembroke Mews has availability through Sleepwell Property Management.
Additional Funding Opportunities
- Loans available up to $250,000
- Eastern Ontario Development Program (EODP)
- Community Economic Development financing options